|Chick peas patties/fritters. Photo by Martina Jackson. Click on the photo to visit my photography website|
▪ 1 can chick peas aka channa
▪ 2 stick of chive
▪ 2 garlic cloves
▪ 1/2 onion
▪ salt to taste
▪ 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
▪ oil for frying
▪ Open the can of chick peas and drain out the water
▪ Put the chick peas into a mixing bowl or a food processor
▪ Using a potato masher, mash the chick peas
▪ If you are using a food processor add the chive, parsley, garlic and onion. Pulse. If not cut up these ingredients finely before adding to mashed chick peas.
▪ Season with the salt and other seasoning of your choice. Maybe some garlic powder and onion powder.
▪ add the flour and mix together
▪ Take out one tablespoon of the mixture and shape into a circular shape.
▪ Put a frying pan on the stove to hot. Add some oil.
▪ Put the patties to fry and allow each side to get golden brown.
▪ Remove from fry pan and place on plate lined with paper towel.